Setting Up Payroll
What you will need
- What accounts your payroll accounts are linked to
- General Payroll information
- Employee payroll information
What you need to doChoose Payroll from the Set Up M.Y.O.B. sub-menu to set up necessary information for the Payroll Command centre. To set up Payroll, you should complete the following tasks:
1. Load tax tables.Tax tables contain the nation's most recent payroll tax information. If you didn't load tax tables during the M.YO.B. Interview, you'll need to use the Load Tax Tables window to load the tables before you begin using Payroll.
2. Verify your Payroll linked accounts.Linked accounts are set up automatically when you create your data file, but it's a good idea for you to check the accounts that were assigned, so you're sure the accounts you want to be linked are linked.
3. Set up general Payroll information.Choose General Payroll Information from the Setup information to review the information you entered during the Setup Interview, or complete entering the information if necessary.
4. Enter employee information.Before you can enter payroll transactions, you need to enter information about the employees you write paycheques to. Each employee's information is stored on an employee card.
5. Enter payroll categories.Payroll categories - wages, deductions, employer expenses and taxes - are assigned to employees so their pay and withholding amounts are correct. Several categories were automatically entered when you created your data file. You should review and make any necessary changes to these categories before you begin using Payroll.
ExerciseComplete the Payroll setup using the information in your data sheet.
Go to the Setup Menu and select the Set Up MYOB command. From the sub menu choose Payroll . Alternatively, click on the Payroll tab after finishing the setup of Purchases .
A list of things to do will appear, with a white arrow next to each item. Click on the white arrow to display the relevant screen to complete each item. Click on OK or the Close button to return to this list.
Click on the white arrow next to Load Tax Tables . Click on Load Tax Tables .
Click on the white arrow next to Linked Payroll Accounts . Enter the correct account numbers from your data sheet (most of these will be the default entries). Click on OK .
Click on the white arrow next to Enter General Payroll Information . Check the information shown is correct. Make any necessary changes. Click on OK .
Click on the white arrow next to Enter General Payroll Information . The employee card file appears. Click on the New button . Fill in the fields shown from your data sheet. Click on OK . If you have made a mistake, select the employee. Click on Edit . Correct the information. Click on OK . Repeat for each employee on the data sheet. Click on Close .
THE REST OF THE PAYROLL SETUP WILL BE DONE IN THE PAYROLL COURSE.
Close the M.Y.O.B. Setup window.
Contents Menu | Next Section