The steps listed below are for the installation of the M.Y.O.B. product onto a computer running the Windows 95 operating system. The M.Y.O.B. software will also operate on Apple Macintosh computers or under other versions of the Windows operating system.
The Installation Process
If your operating system is other than Windows Version 95 please refer to your trainer for specific details.
OverviewThe installation of the M.Y.O.B product is performed in 7 basic steps.
- Install Version 6 of M.Y.O.B. from diskettes.
- Upgrade your data files from a previous version of M.Y.O.B. (required only if you've used a previous version of M.Y.O.B.)
- Start M.Y.O.B.
- Choose one of the following steps:
- Experiment with Clearwater Pty Ltd or another dummy company
- Open an existing data file
- Open the Tutorial data file
- Create a new data file
- Complete General Ledger, Sales/Receivables, Purchases/Payables and Payroll setup (optional)
- Set up Inventory (if necessary)
- Register M.Y.O.B.
Contents Menu | Next Section