Setting Up Your Business on MYOB
What you need
- A copy of M.Y.O.B. installed onto your hard disk
- The Completed checklist on page 14 of this manual.
What you need to doTo commence using M.Y.O.B for your own business you need to setup your own data file. To make things easier M.Y.O.B will walk you through a few questions about your business.
Click the button labeled Create a New M.Y.O.B. Data File for My Business to begin the M.YO.B. Setup Interview.
The M.Y.O.B. Setup InterviewThe M.YO.B. Setup Interview consists of a number of windows in which you enter information about your company. In many cases, the information you enter during the Setup Interview will determine the manner in which your financial records are stored in M.Y.O.B., so it's important that you enter this information correctly.
Before you start the Setup Interview, it's a good idea to know the following information about your company, because you'll need to enter it during the interview.
- What year is your current financial year?
- What month does your financial year end?
- How many months (periods) are in your financial year?
- In which month will you begin using M.Y.O.B. to record your accounting information?
- What year is your current payroll year? (If you're using M.Y.O.B. Payroll)
- What is your business Group Number for payroll? (If you're using M.Y.O.B. Payroll)
We suggest that you complete the checklist included at page 14 and then check these details with your accountant to ensure they are correct.
Follow the steps below to proceed through the M.Y.O.B. Setup Interview.
If you clicked the button labeled Create a New M.YO.B. Data File for my Business in the Welcome to M.Y.O.B. window, an introduction window for the Setup Interview should be visible on your computer screen.
Click Next to begin the interview.
Contents Menu | Next Section