Upgrading your data files (optional)
What you need
- A new copy of MYOB version 6.0 loaded onto your computer.
- A copy of your old data files from the previous version. Never use the original files.
What you need to doFollow these instructions if you've used a previous version of M.YO.B. and want to prepare your company's data file for use with Version 6.0.
- If you haven't already done so, install Version 6.0 of M.Y.O.B,, using the instructions in the Installing M.Y.O.B. section above.
- When you installed Version 6 of M.Y.O.B., an upgrade program was also installed. This program appears as an icon named MYOB Accounting Upgrade in the program group in which M.Y.O.B. is located. Double-click this icon to start the upgrade program.
- The Open File to Convert window appears, in which you select the data file you want to upgrade. Locate your company's data file (most likely, it's in the C:\MYOB6 directory) and select it, then click OK.
Contents Menu | Next Section